Ring loves external contributions but we do not use the Github PR system. Instead, we host a public gerrit server: https://gerrit-ring.savoirfairelinux.com
Before submitting a contribution, you need to register on our Gerrit server either with your Github or Google account.
Head to the settings section to set one of the following:
- http password and username: https://gerrit-ring.savoirfairelinux.com/#/settings/http-password
- ssh key: https://gerrit-ring.savoirfairelinux.com/#/settings/ssh-keys
In each Ring submodule there is a
.gitreview file. It contains all the
necessary info to send a patchset to our gerrit server.
After you committed your changes (one or multiple commits) you can submit them with:
More documentation on Gerrit can be found on the official website.
- [Optionnal] Create a ticket in our Tuleap bug tracker https://tuleap.ring.cx/projects/ring
- Make commits of logical units.
- Check for unnecessary whitespace with git diff –check before committing.
- Make sure your commit messages are in the proper format
- 50 chars title
- 80 chars message width